Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A Small Piece Of International Recognition

Today I sort of got what you could call an, "International pat on the back." At least that's what I'm going to call it for now. I've only been doing the whole blogging thing for a few weeks now and had originally started it to keep my friends back home up to date on what was happening in my life. I guess in those few weeks it's become a little something more than that. Yes my friends and family back home are reading it, but so are my co-workers and friends here in California and as I found out today someone I've come to know electronically through his own blog. Today he just happened to mention my blog in his blog.

His name is Craig Robinson, he lives in Berlin, and he is the man behind Flip Flop Flyin. Probably those of you reading this have no idea what that is, but I'd be willing to bet that you've all seen his work. He's the creator behind the Minipops, small pixilated figures or animations that represent famous people. He has also done stuff that's been on MTV and just recentally some commercials for Yahoo! Music Unlimited, and The Submarine Channel's Valley of the Cnuties.

I can't really remember how I came across his site to begin with, but if I remember correctly Wired magazine had done an article on Minipops so I decided to investigate. I went to Flip Flop Flyin over a year ago and I've been enjoying his creations ever sense. Recently he just started his own blog, Flip Flop Flying, with a G. I usually check it on a daily basis to see what sort of adventures Craig and his dog Billy have been up to. Turns out Billy even has his own blog. I would leave a comment every now and then and would always get a response, so it was pretty cool to see that one day he had left a comment on my blog. The entries are very entertaining and one of the many ways I kick my day off. It's pretty neat to see how people live on a daily basis on the other side of the sea.

What's my point you ask? I guess it's that sometimes when you think you're just reaching a small audience it's usually bigger then you think, and sometimes small things turn out to be bigger then you planned. So thanks Craig for creating the Minipops and being one of the many things that keeps me entertained on a daily basis. And thanks for mentioning my blog on yours, the least I could do was return the favor.

2 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel your grim destruction approach. Touch it with your face. Smell it. Lean into it. Eat it. Love it.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Thoroughly Amused said...

If you say so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home