Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Storm Watch 2005

At least that's what they like to call it when we get a good day of rain in Southern California. I think it's just so they can have a reason to freak out when they drive in the rain. I myself rather enjoyed Storm Watch 2005 for the following reasons,

- It makes the news fun to watch, they talk about it kind of like the world might be coming to an end.
- All the crazy people that drive on the road seem to slow down and stay in one lane.
- It's kind of interesting to have a change in the weather.
- You can see forever once it stops because the air is crystal clear

So anyway, I came home today towards the end of Storm Watch 2005 and decided to head up to the crow's nest where we live and see if Mother Nature had any random bolts of lightning to throw at me or if it had all died down. The view from our roof is rather amazing at anytime of day and in any kind of weather but to be up there after a solid day or two of rain is incredible. It's kind of like waking up to a foot of fresh snow. After being out here awhile you sort of don't notice that the air isn't is clean as it could be, but the rain totally washes it all away and you really get to see what you're surrounded by and how much this city really has to offer. Mother Nature didn't have any lightning left, but she did leave me with this.



5 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beach sunset is so nice. No beach here in VT, and lately, no sun. Maybe I'll just blow those pictures up and bask in their warmth... Ahhhhh... Thanks for sharing.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Thoroughly Amused said...

Good to hear from you man. So when are you making your return visit now that the beach is outside my door. Playa Del Rey is definitely more our speed.

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you seem to have some extra time at work, but it looks like I do too. I am sorry that I missed the chance to take in a clear view from the Playa place. I bet the view accross the wetland towards the mountains is great.

Crazy thing about drivers in the rain, I live Seattle now and people don't know how to slow down here either. It's like they forgot since last winter that rain makes it more difficult to see, slow down and avoid obstacles. Amazing..

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

re: the mt. everest thing-"because it's easy-easy to be hard" (think oldies)that really dates me but if you already
know me,that's a given.yup,bored-GO ASTRO'S

tjw

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Thoroughly Amused said...

Eric B. - Good to hear from you man. Speaking of work, how's it going at the REI mothership?

Tom W. - Holy crap, it's been a while. How the heck are ya. Been talking to Caleb and he says that things are starting to get under way at the ski shop. You getting ready to put a cigar out in anyone's eye yet? Definitely miss tuning with ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home